Monday 13 August 2012

D.'s Magical Soapmaking Kingdom


Homemade soap is satisfying to use because it's so rich, colourful & delightfully smelly!  But more than the end-result, I love making soap because the process is so fun.  4 of us make soap a few times a year at a friend's house.  D. takes care of the dangerous bits (lye), and provides other supplies.


Twice a year, she transforms her dining-room into a Soapmaking Magic Kingdom filled with magical scents & colourful combinations.  There are always many scents to choose from, as well as natural scratchy bits which add texture & colour to soaps.  My favourite add-ins include nori & black sesame seeds while favourite scents so far have been Peppermint and also Blackberry.

Her soaps are no match for commercial or other handmade soaps available at small markets.

2 comments:

  1. Some day I will get my act together and make soap again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade soap feel so much better than the store-bought stuff. I've become a complete soap geek. I take it with me when I travel & I'm even sending some with M. when he moves out tomorrow. I guess it's the equivalent to home-baking, which I don't do.

    ReplyDelete